Welcome New Licensee!
STEP 1 WV Real Estate License
- Contact the West Virginia Real Estate Commission for license number.
WV Real Estate Commission: 304-558-3555
You can also search for your license status at www.arello.com.
- If KVBR is not able to verify licensure, MLS access cannot be granted. Appraisers will need an active WV Appraisal License number.
STEP 2 Member Application for Brokers, REALTORS® and Appraisers
- You can submit your application online (click here).
- You can also print, then mail or fax your application to:
Kanawha Valley Board of REALTORS®
2110 Kanawha Blvd East, Suite 201
Charleston, WV 25311
- If you are joining as a New Company, Brokers are to submit an MLS Participation Agreement (click here).
- If KVBR is your secondary association, please have your primary association e-mail a Letter of Good Standing to Membership@kvrealtors.com or they may fax it to 304-344-4139.
STEP 3 KVBR Member Change Form
- Have your Broker “DR” or Office Manager complete downloadable .pdf (click here) and mail it to the KVBR office.
NOTE: “Designated” REALTOR® Members shall notify the Board of any additional individual(s) licensed with the firm(s) within 10 days of the date of affiliation or severance of the individuals.
STEP 4 New Member Appointment
- Once we receive the paperwork from steps 1, 2 and 3, a phone call or email will be made letting you know that we received all required paperwork and a New Member appointment will be scheduled. During this appointment, we will go over the different services available, provide you with your login information for the MLS, set up Supra key/lockbox service and pay any necessary dues and fees.
Determine type of real estate “KEY” you will be using, if any, to open property lockboxes.
There are two different types of keys: ACTIVE KEY and EKEY
- Active Key Information – (Click Here)
- E-Key Information – (Click Here)
- It is highly recommended that smart-phone users have access to the internet wirelessly on their devices.
- If you are a member of another Board and already have a SUPRA key, we may be able to cooperate your key. This will be discussed during your appointment.
- If no key is desired, a “Key Waiver Form” is to be signed during your MLS access appointment.
- KVBR Board Orientation and New Member Code of Ethics is a requirement.
New members are required to attend New Member Orientation and take online Code of Ethics through NAR within 90 days of joining. Further details will be provided upon new member appointment.
After attending board orientation, new primary members will be oriented to:
1. National, State and Local Association dues, information and services
2. How to use the REALTOR® Term and Trademark
3. Anti-Trust and Real Estate
4. KVBR Bylaws / Leadership & Committees
5. MLS Rules & Regulations
6. MLS services